Stone the Crows
The New South Wales Inland Tourism Awards were held on Saturday July 26th in Griffith NSW
Our own Chief Crow Grant Luhrs had the onerous job of attending on behalf of all the Crow Family Flock. Yes, it was a hard night - he had to be wined and dined, be entertained and be prepared to "caw" on behalf of everyone...and all this was accompanied by an array of red wine, so he had to painstakingly moderate his intake until our category was announced.
We are absolutely delighted to advise our two year old Festival was presented with a Bronze Plaque - we came third behind two well established events - the Canowindra Balloon Challenge and the Tamworth Country Music Festival. No we are not throwing any terrible two temper tantrums that we didn’t win, this is a fantastic recognition of efforts of and support from everyone associated with Stone the Crows.
Some very special thanks must go to
- Our Crow Assistants (volunteers) – you are an expanding flock without whom this event would never happen
- Everyone who has attended the Festival in the first two years and helped us fly high
- The wonderful staff at Wagga Wagga City Council (especially Sally and her crew) for all their encouragement
- The many local businesses who have assisted in so many areas
- Our first two venue landlords, Australian Clay Target Association and Camp Kurrajong Scout Camp. We outgrew Camp Kurrajong after the first year but the ACTA grounds will become our permanent venue as there is plenty of space for our flock to gather and nest.
Booking for 2015 Festival will be open this week - so come back soon and get in early!
Grant (on bended knee) with Sally Nolan of Wagga Wagga City Council
We look forward to making the 2015 Stone the Crows Festival fly even higher!